Nectar and chestnut honeydews are condensed into a jar. Chestnut honey originates in Taygetus and Parnonas (Kosmas), the sacred mountain of Saturn which is replete with fir and chestnut herbs. However it is not renown to many people.
Color: Various shades of brown, from light brown to dark or even black, since it is made of honeydews.
Aroma – Flavor: Vivid aroma. Unique, intense flavor with bitter and sharp aftertaste.
Nutritional value & other qualitative characteristics:
- with antibiotic proprieties against staphylococcus, intestinal and stomach bacteria
- with disinfectant and healing proprieties, beneficial for the urinary system.
- steps up the circulation and could help in some cases of dysentery.
- boosts the mental activity
- beneficial during pregnancy
Crystallization: Chestnut honey is crystallized slowly, in 1-2 years.
Calorific value: 15gr of chestnut honey contain 53 calories.
Main ingredients: Rich in micronutrients and amino acids, potassium, magnesium, manganese, barium, fructose and tannins (due to the nut tree). Contains lots of minerals.